Pages

Friday, 27 February 2015

Review: Benefit Roller Lash

I've recently been on a hunt for a mascara that lengthens, volumizes and holds the curl in my very annoyingly straight lashes - the struggle is real!

From the amazing reviews online, I thought I may have found 'the one' with Benefit's They're Real mascara however for me, the formula seemed too thick and weighed down my already limp lashes. They did however lengthen them but did not hold the curl, so I was eager to try the new Roller Lash as it raved about it's amazing curl power.

My first impressions of the mascara is that the packaging is super cute! That aside I dived straight into testing this baby out and I was slightly disappointed when it didn't lift my stubborn lashes at all without the use of my trusty curlers. It does however lengthen and separate lashes perfectly like it's predecessor.

The best method for me to get some sort of curl out of the Roller Lash is to firstly curl my lashes and apply a waterproof mascara as a base before applying two coats of the product. I've noticed with this method my lashes look longer and separated without looking spidery or clumpy.

The brush for me is a winner as the plastic bristles hook onto individual lashes and coat them seamlessly (this is the part where your lashes are supposed to curl but of course my lashes won't budge).

Pro's -

  • Definitely lengthens lashes
  • Great colour pay off
  • Nice sized brush and amazing bristles
  • Separates lashes without looking clumpy

Con's -

  • Doesn't hold the curl too well
  • Not volumizing
  • Not waterproof so can cause slight smudging

Overall an ok mascara, if however you happen to have luscious long lashes then this mascara is definitely worth a try. I really wanted this mascara to be my holy grail but no surprise my lashes have yet again failed me (Pui's lashes 1 - Roller Lash 0).

No comments:

Post a Comment