Pages

Sunday, 22 March 2015

Face of the Day - Simple Make Up

It's officially Spring, so I've decided to ditch the dark smoky eyes and plum lips for a more natural/fresh look. This look is a very simple yet wearable everyday look which can be achieved by both drug store and high end products.

I usually navigate towards simple looks as I'm super lazy however this winter I've really enjoyed vampy make up. But it's time for a change as the sun has sort of come out for us Londoners (we go crazy over the tiniest amount of sun).

FYI - I dyed my hair yesterday and it's a shock every time I walk pass a mirror as I've not been this dark for quite some time. Stay tuned for my hair journey & how to keep hair healthy after bleaching.

To achieve this cute simple look I used the following products:


1. Benefit Porefessional Primer - £24.50
I absolutely love this primer! It leaves my skin feeling baby smooth and helps my make up stay on for hours.

2. Mac Studio Fix Fluid - £21.50
I know, I know! I raved on about my undying love for the Studio Sculpt in my previous post (the betrayal) but as I decided to opt for natural/fresh looking skin, I felt the Studio Fix Fluid worked best for this look as it's not as full coverage.

3. MUA Undressed Eyeshadow Palette - £4.00
This is a great palette for nude shades, the eyeshadows are easy to apply and very buildable. I would say however there are only 2 matte shades and I only wish there could be a couple more.

4. 2True Effortless Eyeliner Shade 1 - £1.99
This eyeliner is super cheap and lasts for months! It doesn't sting my eyes at all and the felt tip brush makes application super easy.

5. Maybelline The Eye Eraser Concealer - £7.99
This under eye concealer is amazing, it covers dark circles without too much creasing throughout the day and doesn't leave my under eyes dry.

6. Shu Uemura Eyeslash Curler - £20.00
This curler is everything! I've never been so impressed with a make up tool until I found this bad boy. They even curl the most stubborn lashes effortlessly, definitely a make up must have!

7. 2True Voluptulash Waterproof Mascara - £2.49
This mascara is actually very pleasant, it has a small brush which helps to coat even the shortest of lashes and holds the curl better than any high end mascaras that I have tried so far. That being said, holding the curl is the only thing it does, it doesn't lengthen or volumize lashes at all. So I tend to use this as a base before applying a second coat of another mascara.

8. Natural Collection Pressed Powder - £1.99
This is my everyday go to powder, it is great for locking in foundation however you will need to blot throughout the day as it hasn't exactly got the best staying power.

9. Benefit Browzing Brow Kit - £24.50
I love using the wax provided in this kit to define the brows and fill in any sparse areas. As I have very light brows, this kit is perfect for adding colour and definition.

10. Benefit Hoola Bronzer - £23.50
As I am quite fair, bronzers can tend to look orange on me however this is the perfect shade! It gives a lovely glow to skin and I love using this to contour the hollows of my cheekbones, temples and jawline.

11. Mac Pinch Me Blusher - £18.00
This is a lovely rose coral shade which compliments my skin tone perfectly, I tend lean towards rose shades as it gives a great natural flushed look.

12. YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Peach Passion - £26.00
This is the perfect spring shade! This lipstick has a creamy consistency with a great colour pay off. It glides on the lips with ease and doesn't cause any drying throughout the day.

The falsies I used are not listed in the above as these were purchased from Vietnam so I have no idea of the price and brand.

Pui x

No comments:

Post a Comment