Pages

Sunday, 3 May 2015

Recent Make Up Haul

With Superdrug currently offering 3 for 2 offer across all cosmetics, I had to get my monthly fix! As I’m trying to be good with my money I’ve been turning to drug store products with the occasional high end buy.
1. Makeup Revolution - Redemption Palette Iconic Elements £4
This palette is exactly what I’ve been looking for! I’m more of a matte girl so this is perfect for me. This palette has 11 neutral matte shades with 1 shimmery pink shade for highlighting. The colours are pigmented with the colour pay off being surprisingly good for a drug store product. The eyeshadows are easy to apply, glide on with ease and have great staying power once used over a primer.
2. Maybelline Baby Skin Primer £7.99
I have been contemplating for a while on whether I should buy this primer as I love the Benefit Porefessional primer but as I’m on a mission to save a few extra pounds I decided to take the plunge. Like the Porefessional primer, it has a sillicone consistency which leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. It 
minimizes pores and helps my foundation/bb cream stay on all day.
3. Diorshow - Iconic Extreme Waterproof Mascara - £25.00
I was suckered into buying this when the lady at the counter was being so lovely and enthusiastic about this product. This mascara is lengthening and amazing on my lower lashes however not so great on my top lashes as it weighs them down and isn’t volumising at all. This mascara fails to hold the curl after curling which is a massive let down for me especially as it’s quite pricey.
4. Sleek Blusher - Life's a Peach £4.49
This blusher is a lovely coral/peach tone and is perfect for S/S! This blusher is cute when teamed with a soft smokey eye and nude lips. It’s colour pay off is great and goes hand in hand with my Benefit Hoola Bronzer when I want to look a little more tanned and peachy.
5. Mac Lipstick – Craving £15.50 
This lipstick is a lovely creamy consistency that doesn't dry out my lips and is a cute medium pink berry shade. This lipstick can definitely be dressed up or down as the shade is very versatile and leaves a pretty pink stain once worn out.
6. Barry M Gelly Nail Paint - Pink Lady £3.99
I am a huge nail varnish hoarder and could open a shop with the amount of nail varnishes I have in my stash. I tend to lean towards pink shades as they suit my complexion better than other colours. So how could I resist this cute baby pink shade? I already own a few Gelly varnishes as I love the high shine finish you achieve with just 2 coats.
7. Maybelline - Eraser Eye Concealer - Light £7.99
I’m now on my third tube… needless to say I love this concealer! This concealer is easy to apply and has a buildable medium coverage. It’s great for those lazy make up days as it requires minimal work and can be easily blended with your trusty finger.
Happy Sunday (and Bank Holiday)
Pui x

No comments:

Post a Comment